Adopting from Dolly’s Legacy means you are willing to make the commitment for life and give an animal a permanent home.
If you are interested in adopting please review the information about our adoption policies & fill out an application below:
Thank you for your interest in adopting one of our beautiful pets. We are a foster-home based rescue group and do not have a facility. All of our adoptable pets with their photos, descriptions, adoption fees & most information requested about them can be seen on our website which is updated daily. If they are still listed on our website, they have not yet been adopted. Since most of the pets we rescue have been orphaned or abandoned, we are not certain of their breed/mix and are not able to pinpoint how big they will be full-grown if they are still young. We do our best to determine the breed(s) they most closely resemble.
The first step is to have you complete our online adoption application. All adoption appointments are scheduled after your application has been approved. Appointments are generally held on Saturdays. We need ALL family members or those living within your home, including pets (dogs not cats), to be present for an appointment. Preference is given to those with a verifiable veterinary reference, home ownership & fenced yard. Home ownership is verified through court records. If you are a renter, you must provide landlord contact information. Understand that the Adoption Application must be processed and approved. Please be patient, we are 100% volunteers but WILL get back to you. Expect an email from DollysLegacy@aol.com in response to your application (don't forget to check your spam!). PLEASE be sure to answer all questions completely or you will get an error message and have to start over, you MUST complete ALL fields of the application. We do not "hold" pets for a specific date. If you are going on vacation, or cannot take when the pet is available, please wait to apply until you are ready to adopt. We do out of state/area adoptions, but approved adopters are required to come to an adoption appointment, we do not ship pets. The final approval to adopt is after we have met applicants and feel they are the right match for that particular pet.
Be sure to "like" our page on Facebook where you will find more photos and to learn more about our rescue. https://www.facebook.com/DollysLegacyAnimalRescue?ref=hl
Please take a moment to review our ADOPTION GUIDELINES below. Our goal is to find SAFE, RESPONSIBLE, and LOVING families for our animals.
- Be a minimum of 21 years of age and have a valid ID with a current verifiable address.
- Provide veterinary reference and give permission for your veterinary clinic to speak with us regarding your pets' history & care, both for current pets as well as adopted pets from Dolly's Legacy Animal Rescue following adoption.
- Live in stable housing with a verifiable phone number.
- Ensure that all adults living in the household have consented to the adoption and are willing to participate in the care of the pet.
- Ensure that all children are mature enough to manage their behavior in the home and interact appropriately with the pet.
- If a renter, you must provide landlord contact information..
- Have the financial ability now, and in the foreseeable future, to properly care for the pet, including but not limited to routine and unexpected emergency veterinary care, quality food, necessary supplies, pet sitters, trainers, and be able to pay pet deposits/pet rent if living in rental housing.
- Agree to properly train the dog, and have the financial ability and willingness to engage the services of training professionals and/or behavioral specialists if warranted
- Provide proper and consistent veterinary care, food, water, exercise, training and kind treatment.
- Provide the pet a safe and pleasant environment with love and attention, and not to leave the pet alone for excessively long hours without another animal or human for companionship.
- Adopt the pet as a permanent lifetime family member, and be willing to make concessions in the future to accommodate and keep your pet as your lifestyle may change.
- Fill out the Adoption Application and participate in a phone and/or in-person interview
- Be willing to provide personal and veterinary references.
- Understand that the Adoption Application must be processed and approved. Please be patient, we are 100% volunteers but WILL get back to you. Expect an email from DollysLegacy@aol.com
- Be ready to adopt immediately (we cannot “hold” animals for anyone)
- Once your application is approved, the FINAL STEP in the adoption approval process is meeting the pet & with one of our adoption agents. Final approval is not given until this final step takes place.
- Sign a legally binding Adoption Contract and pay the Adoption Donation.
- Preference is given to those with a verifiable veterinary reference, home ownership & fenced yard (being a home owner with fenced yard is generally not required, it depends on each pet). Home ownership is verified through court records. We do not ship animals, all adopters are required to come to our location to meet & adopt the pet.
If you are interested in adopting please fill out an application below or email DollysLegacy@aol.com: