Let us introduce you to Rosie! A few fun facts about her:
1) Best words to describe her: Loyal, toy-lover, snuggler, smart, inquisitive
2) Training on leash walks currently. Rosie does not like joggers or bicycles yet.
3) Rosie needs to build trust first, but has loved everyone after smelling them and taking time to observe them. She does not like being barked at or playing rough.
4) Getting accustomed to loud noises and busyness and is starting to not be aggravated by these things. Has played well with other dogs and done good with older kids, not tested on children under 10.
5) Would she bolt if given the opportunity? She has not been given the chance to run out the door but she might if she saw another dog or another person
6) Commands she is learning well: "sit, come". Working on leash training without pulling, stay and off when jumping at screen door
7) She loves all of her toys and her squeaky balls and has not shown any dominance with a person holding them.
8) Rosie is being fostered without other pets and is doing well. She sleeps in the kennel and sometimes on the couch or bed.
9) Has been in her kennel seven hours at night without needing to go outside. She has been in her kennel for hours during the day.
10) Has only had one accident but has not been unsupervised in the house yet.
11) Did fine with bathing and is getting better at brushing
12) She does not like when people are running at her, dogs barking at her or being pushy
13) Her ideal home: A retired or part-time job family. A family with teenagers. A home with a fenced yard.
Requirements to adopt Rosie: Home ownership with a fenced yard, verifiable exceptional pet ownership history, ability to keep her active with walks, hiking, and adventures.
Rosie is a growing Australian Cattle Dog/mix who was born approximately 2-1-22. She is spayed, vaccinated, microchipped, given flea/tick preventive, dewormed and started on heartworm preventative. Adoption fee is $550 to help offset the many expenses we have for vetting costs.
We rely strictly on adoption fees and donations to continue to save the lives of orphaned & abandoned pets; 100% goes towards their care. If interested in adopting one of our available dogs or puppies, you must first complete an online adoption application at https://dollyslegacyanimalrescue.org/adopt/
You will be contacted by our adoption coordinator via email after your application has been reviewed & approved to schedule an appointment. Our website is updated daily, pets that are listed are still available.
***If you are serious about adopting, you must first complete and submit an application on our website. Our Adoption Team will respond via email from DollysLegacyAdoptions@gmail.com
once you have completed an application. If a pet is still listed, it is not yet adopted as we update daily. All information regarding adoption policies are on our website***